Wednesday, January 01, 2014

50 Shades of Brown

It's now 2014.  Yes, another year has disappeared.  This is always a time of reflection for me, looking both backwards and forwards.  In 2014, I want to do more stitching - stitching of all kinds.  Sewing, quilting, embroidery, knitting, crochet and maybe even rediscover macrame. Here's today's stitching effort - an apron made from jeans.

 Last week, I bought some batiks as I had an urge to make a batik quilt.  I bought a pack of 16 fat quarters in browns….

 …unusual for me, as I tend to like  a lot of colour.  Then I dyed calico in 16 different shades….
..ok, that's only 32 browns.  I am using writer's licence here!  I've married each batik up with a hand dyed piece, and will show you what I do with these as I progress.

Best wishes for a happy and abundant year ahead.


4 comments:

Nancy J said...

I can see that 50 shades will be a stunning quilt, waiting for progress. and a natty apron to wear when dying? when guests arrive? Baking day? Have a great 2014, Shirley, many Best wishes for the New Year. Jean..

loulee said...

I seem to be all about batik at the moment too. Love your colour choices and dyes, very autumnal.

Françoise said...

Happy New Year to you, and congratulations on graduating!

Doespins said...

Hi Shirley,
Just seen your last two entries. Big congratulations on your degree. I look forward to seeing what you create this year.